Super Tax Scratch Cash! 2018 OFFICIAL RULES
Super Tax Scratch Cash! 2018 (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. CST on February 3, 2018 (the “Promotion Start Date”) and ends when all available scratch-off tickets are distributed or at 11:59 p.m. CST on April 17, 2018 (the “Redemption Deadline”), whichever occurs earlier (the “Promotion End Date”), (such period referred to herein as the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion is sponsored by Entergy Services, Inc. (the “Promotion Sponsor”). Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites and other free tax preparation sites (each individually, a “Participating Tax Preparation Site”) will be participating in this Promotion:
United Way of Southeast Louisiana
o Xavier Convocation Center, 7910 Stroelitz St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70125
Capital Area United Way
o East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library – 7711 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806
o Bank branch located at 2421 NW Avenue El Dorado, AR 71730
o Bank branch located at 502 Cherry St, Helena, AR 72342
o Bank branch located at 215 S Broadway Street Greenville, MS 38701
United Way of Greater Houston
o Lone Star College, Conroe Center, 777 Conroe Park North Drive, Conroe, TX 77303
1. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. To enter the Promotion, you must be an eligible participant, as set forth in Section 3 below. As an eligible participant, you will earn a chance to win a prize by agreeing to save a portion of your 2018 tax refund by completing and submitting IRS Tax Form 8888. Participants will receive one (1) scratch-off ticket for by agreeing to save a portion of your 2018 tax refund by completing and submitting IRS Tax Form 8888.
Participation in the Promotion is voluntary and does not require you to purchase anything from the Promotion Sponsor or the Participating Tax Preparation Sites. To receive a scratch-off ticket without completing and submitting IRS Tax Form 8888, request one in person at the United Way of Southeast Louisiana Office at 2515 Canal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70119 or at the Capital Area United Way at 700 Laurel Street, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802 or at United Way of Greater Houston at50 Waugh Drive, Houston, TX 77007 or at Southern Bancorp at 502 Cherry St, Helena, AR 72342 or at 215 S Broadway Street Greenville, MS 38701 (the “In-person Sites”). All requests for tickets must be received while supplies last and by the Promotion End Date. One entry per person. Mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Promotion Sponsor and will not be returned.
2. Prizes: There will be a total of 400 scratch-off tickets available through the Participating Tax Preparation Sites or mail-in entry, and all of these tickets will be winners. Each prize is $5, $20 or $50. The odds of winning $5 are 3:4. The odds of winning $20 are 1:5. The odds of winning $50 are 1:20. Total approximate value of all prizes: $4,100; 300 X $5 = $1,500, 80 X $20 =
$1,600 and 20 X $50 = $1,000 (actual value may vary). The $5, $20 and $50 cash prizes from the winning scratch-off tickets will be distributed directly from the Participating Tax Preparation Sites on the day that the tax return is completed, or on the day that a winning mail-in entrant visits an In-person Site to redeem his or her prize, provided that prizes are redeemed within the Redemption Deadline. Winner will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification. Taxes on any prize, including income and/or sales taxes, are the sole responsibility of winner(s). Leftover tickets (if any and while available) not distributed at the participating Tax Preparation Sites shall be held at the In-person Sites.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the States of Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Arkansas who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Eligibility will be determined by the Participating Tax Preparation Sites, not by the Promotion Sponsor. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Employees, volunteers, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Promotion Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. THE PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Selection of Winners: Winning scratch-off tickets will be distributed to eligible entrants at random. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, winner may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
5. Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor, the Participating Tax Preparation Sites, and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. By participating in the
Promotion, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Promotion Sponsor, the Participating Tax Preparation Sites, and their agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Promotion shall be governed by Louisiana law. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that Louisiana courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Promotion and that venue shall be only in New Orleans, Louisiana.
6. Winners List: To obtain the first name, last initial, city and state of the Promotion winners after the Promotion End Date, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Super Tax Scratch Cash! 2018 Winners List” to the Promotion Sponsor. Requests for winners list must be received no later than 90 days from the Promotion End Date.
7. Promotion Sponsor:
Entergy Services, Inc.
(Super Tax Scratch Cash! 2018)
639 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, Louisiana 70113
Attn: Elizabeth Brister
8. Notice: The Promotion Sponsor and Participating Tax Preparation Sites reserve the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
9. Severability: Every provision of these Official Rules is intended to be severable, and, if any term or provision is determined to be illegal or invalid for any reason whatsoever, such illegality or invalidity shall not affect the legality or validity of the remainder of the Official Rules.
10. Copyright: Any trademarks, product names, and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.